Create a Custom Page
TO ADD A NEW PAGE TO YOUR MARKETPLACE:
- First, navigate to Theme > Pages in your admin dashboard.
- From the Pages screen, click on "Add Page", at the top right.
- Here, you can do a number of things to build out your custom page - you can add a name (in the 'path' field), you can add content and styling, and you can add a hero image. The 'content' text area accepts standard HTML, Markdown (http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax), or plain text and you can add styling with custom CSS in the 'page css' text area.
- Once you are finished adding content and building out your page, simply select 'save' at the bottom of your screen. Once saved, you will be redirected back to your list of pages, where you can click on the blue link to view your new page.
ADD STYLE AND IMAGES
With custom pages, you aren't restricted to just adding plain text. There are a number of ways to format the content on your pages:
ADD A HERO IMAGE
- In the admin dashboard, navigate to Theme > Pages
- Find the page that you'd like to edit, and select the pencil icon
- Scroll down until you see 'Hero Image' and select 'choose file'
- Select an image from you computer to use, and then click 'save'
ADD CUSTOM STYLING WITH MARKDOWN
Markdown is a plain text formatting syntax designed so that it can be converted to HTML using a tool by the same name. Markdown is often used to format readme files, for writing messages in online discussion forums, and to create rich text using a plain text editor. Markdown makes it easy for you to specify rich formatting for the content of your pages, so that you don't need to use any advanced HTML or CSS.
To use markdown with your custom pages, simply use the standard Markdown syntax in the content area of the page editor. For instance, if you wanted to bold a line of text, simply put asterisks around the appropriate content like this:
**This is some bold content**
ADD CUSTOM STYLING WITH HTML AND CSS
If you prefer to use HTML and CSS to style the content on your pages, this is also possible to do. You will notice that there are two main text areas - "Content" and "Page CSS". The Content area accepts any custom HTML that you wish to include, and the Page CSS area accepts any custom CSS that you want to include. With the Page CSS area, you can target any element on the page.
ADD IMAGES TO MY CONTENT AREA
With HTML and CSS, you can add images to your content area as well, so you aren't restricted to just a hero image. To do this, you must first host your images somewhere online. Once they are uploaded, you can grab the URL path for that image and plug it in to your content with either an HTML tag or CSS attribute.