Google Search Console (Formerly Google WebMaster Tools)
Another helpful tool available from Google is Google Search Console, formerly Google WebMaster Tools. Visit the website here: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home
Google Search Console provides webmasters the tools to:
- Submit and check a sitemap.
- Check and set the crawl rate, and view statistics about when Googlebot accesses a particular site.
- Write and check a robots.txt file to help discover pages that are blocked in robots.txt accidentally.
- List internal and external pages that link to the site.
- Get a list of links which Googlebot had difficulty crawling, including the error that Googlebot received when accessing the URLs in question.
- See what keyword searches on Google led to the site being listed in the SERPs, and the click through rates of such listings. (Previously named 'Search Queries'; rebranded May 20, 2015 to 'Search Analytics' with extended filter possibilities for devices, search types and date periods).
- Set a preferred domain (e.g. prefer example.com over www.example.com or vice versa), which determines how the site URL is displayed in SERPs.
- Highlight to Google Search elements of structured data which are used to enrich search hit entries (released in December 2012 as Google Data Highlighter).
- Demote Sitelinks for certain search results.
- Receive notifications from Google for manual penalties.
- Provide access to an API to add, change and delete listings and list crawl errors.
- Rich Cards a new section added, for better mobile user experience.
You can quickly and easily sign up for Google Search Console by following the steps below:
Enter your marketplace Domain Name into the form field and click Add A Property
Verify that you are the owner of the marketplace. If you have already set up Google Analytics, simply check that option and choose Verify, otherwise, you'll need to choose and follow a different method.
You will be redirected to
Click Continue and you will be taken to your marketplace detail page
Learn more about Google Search Console: