Your marketplace comes fully equipped with a blogging engine, to get you started on generating quality content and optimizing your SEO/Marketing efforts. By default, your blog is disabled, but once you turn it on it can be found by navigating to your marketplace and adding /blog (e.g. example.com/blog). If you would like to create a redirect in the footer of your homepage to your blog, please see the article here: Create a Redirect
To enable your blog and start setting it up, begin by navigating to your admin dashboard, and then Blog > Settings. Here you will see all of the settings available for managing your blog.
- This option turns your blog on and off. When you are first given access to your marketplace, your blog is not enabled by default, so when you are ready to begin working with your blog your first step will be to come here and turn it on.
2. ALLOW VIDEO EMBEDS
- This option allows you to show the video embed icon on the blog editor.
3. ENABLE USER BLOGS
- This option allows your users to have their own blogs on your marketplace.
- This is used to specify a name for your blog.
- Here you can upload a photo to use for the header of your blog.
6. FACEBOOK APP
- In order to integrate comments for your blog, you will need to add your Facebook App ID here. If you do not have a Facebook App or are unsure what is supposed to be entered here, please review our guide for integrating social login, which will step you through creating a social app for each network and obtaining the appropriate keys.
7. HEADER TEXT
- If filled in, this text will appear in the header of your blog feed, on top of the image that you have specified.
- The header motto appears as a secondary line under the header text, to give you the option of specifying a subheading if necessary.
8. HEADER LOGO
- The header logo appears at the top left of your blog, in the header section.
9. HEADER ICON
- The header icon is used for mobile view, in the same way that your logo and icon work on your main site. At full width, on non-mobile devices, the logo will be displayed in the header. As soon as the screen size gets smaller, it will switch to the icon in order to accommodate for the responsive view.