Customizing Search Options
By default, your homepage should be equipped with a single search bar (for either location or keyword search, depending on your marketplace type). However, you also have other options available to do, including search by Transactable Type, search by date, and the option to switch between keyword and location based search.
To customize your homepage search options:
1) Start by logging in to your admin dashboard, and navigating to Manage > Service Types > Search
2) At the top, you can select from a few dropdowns to specify the type of search (location or keyword) that should be used, as well as the layout for your search page, and how your transactable types should be displayed.
- Geo: Select this option if you want to use location based search on your homepage (i.e. search by address)
- Full text: Select this option if you want to use keyword based search on your homepage.
For services based transactable types:
- Mixed: Select this option if you would like to use a mixed map/location layout for your search results page. This includes a large map to the left and your locations enumerated as line items on the right just below your filters.
- List: Select this option if you would like to have a tile based layout for your search results page, without a map.
- Listing Mixed: Select this option if you would lie to have a mixed map/listing layout for your search results page, where a large map is surfaced to the right and your listings are enumerated individually on the right just below your filters.
For products based transactable types:
- Products: Select this option if you would like to use the default search results template that is used when users search for your buy/sell product types.
- Products table: Select this option to use a table based layout for your search results page.
- Products List: Select this option to use a list based layout for your search results page.
Listing Dropdown UI
If you have multiple transactable or product types set up, you will be able to choose how they are displayed when your users search. Navigate to Manage > Search. You can choose from a dropdown based layout, or radio buttons for each individual transactable type.
You can also add date pickers to your homepage search options, if you would like your users to be able to search by date as well. To do this, start by checking 'Enable Date Pickers' and ensuring that 'Use Availability Rules' is also turned on. Finally, set the search mode to either:
- Relative: When users search, if the time frame they specify includes any dates that are included in a listing's availability, that listing will appear in search. For instance, if a listing is set to be available Monday through Friday, and the user searches with a time frame of Sunday through Tuesday, that listing would appear in search results. However, if the time frame specified was only for the weekend (Saturday through Sunday), that listing would not appear.
- Absolute: When users search, the time frame they search by must match the full availability of a listing, in order for that listing to appear in search results. Using our example above, if the user searched Monday through Wednesday, a listing set to be available for Monday through Friday would not appear in search results. The search parameters must match absolutely.
Finally, if you have set up any products based (buy/sell) transactable types, or if you are on a buy/sell based marketplace, you can turn on your search filters (or the 'Taxonomy Tree') by selecting this option. If this is turned on, your search results page will include all of your taxonomies on the left, for your users to filter by.